“More carrot cake jam?”– you may ask, wondering just how many more recipes for this delectable condiment I have planned. Well, this is my last variation, and it’s just as delicious as the previous ones. It’s simple, really– standard bite-sized cheesecakes with a swirl of jam baked into them– but irresistible once you’ve tried one. I like them best frozen, and really can’t decide whether I like these or the Carrot Cake Ice Cream better. Obviously, the recipe would work equally well with a jam or preserve of your choice– I’m thinking sour cherry next time?
I will note that this recipe makes 40 bite-sized cheesecakes in a mini muffin pan. I used a silicone pan, which made it a snap to remove the chilled cheesecakes– if you’re using metal, I recommend using paper liners. If you don’t have two mini muffin pans, the unbaked crumbs and filling will keep at room temperature while you bake and freeze your first batch– just don’t let it sit overnight or anything.
Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes
(makes 40 bite-sized cheesecakes)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 sheets of crackers)
- 4 tbs. melted butter
- 3 tbs. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine crumbs, butter, and sugar in a bowl until well-mixed and damp.
- Press firmly into the bottom of a mini muffin pan and bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make your filling.
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup carrot cake jam, or preserves of your choice
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until smooth.
- Add in sour cream, eggs, and vanilla, and continue to beat until smooth.
- Spoon filling over baked crusts.
- Add 1/2 tsp. of jam to each cheesecake and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes until edges are puffed and set.
- Chill completely– the freezer is good– before removing from the pan.
One thought on “Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes”
Pingback: Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes — It’s All Frosting… | homethoughtsfromabroad626